Sunday 6 March 2011

Rebasing 15mm New Israelis

.
Rebased my original 'desert' scheme 15mm GZG New Israelis. This time I thought I'd go for a generic desolate base that would also compliment their camo scheme. I have a lot of 'desert' themed troops who came onboard after these guys and just wanted something different.


Close up the newly based minis look great, but on the table at normal viewing distances they merge far too successfully with their bases. So, do I go all 'artistic' and super highlight the bases or I add some 'yellow' Silfur grass clumps to bring in a bit of colour and depth but lose the desolation?

Cheers
Mark
.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great discussion of desert basing for flames of war. The three color method he employs looks great. http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1744

    I think you just need to figure out what that third color in your palette would be and you're done. A little flock (wooodland scenics dead grass or harvest gold) wouldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size base are the chaps based on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. May i suggest rather than a single all over colur you do the helms in contrasting colour, perhaps green. Israeli soldiers have sand colured helmets and green uniforms, webbing in a different colour and black guns. Camoflagued but stands out.
    Base wise some dead grass wouldn't go amiss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys

    I'm happy with the camo in this instance Phil. It's the base that needs the work. They are 40mm bases from warbases.co.uk.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete