Wednesday 12 January 2011

Workbench Serendipity

This morning I'm working away on my Winter of '79 project. Cutting the heads with sidecaps off  Liberation Mins, GDR Workers Militia in order to turn some new Eureka 1970's British Internal Security troops into proxies for the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders.

That left me with several headless armed civilian workers bodies. Not wishing to waste the minis - I first tried some of helmet and gas mask wearing heads removed from the Eureka British. Aiming in the vague direction of a 1979 militia, Zombie Apocalypse survivor, meets Twilight 2000 sort of thing.

Remembering that I had a sprue of Modern British helmets with gasmasks from Elheim, I match them with the GDR Workers Militia bodies to find they are much smaller than 20mm. A loose pack of Khurasan Federal Army is lying on my cutting mat, I pick up a mini to check the size of the Elheim head.......

Guess what? The British gasmasked heads match the Federals! knocked the heads off a couple of the Khurasan minis, stuck on the gasmasked helmets and hey presto have a fireteam that would give 28mm Pig Iron Kolony figures a run for their money! Also make great Near Future Neo-Brits.

Cheers
Mark
  

3 comments:

  1. And there was just a thread on TMP that mentioned how many people would like to see Pig Iron in 15mm. I look forward to seeing your results!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took some photos but coming out a shiny blur - don't want to ink the figures till I've filled the gap at the back of the head.

    There's Pig Iron 15mm thread on TMP at least once a year. I've written direct to Pig Iron myself....

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's definitely something I would like to see... you have another one waiting for the photos, Mark :)

    ReplyDelete