Monday 21 June 2010

Life Work The Universe...... Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Once again the band is playing the severance polka. Whilst everyone else is scrambling to fill their dance card, I'm putting on my best Clint Eastwood impression as it's time to "Improvisieren. anpassung und überwinden"! (first saw Heartbreak Ridge in Bad Harzburg, 1986ish).

I set out a new career direction over the weekend, found a new job vacancy today that's right in the pipe and going for it, five by five. So just a headsup to say, normal service on Dropship Horizon will be resumed in a day or two once I've honed, sweated over and submitted my application.

Cheers
Mark

9 comments:

  1. Lock and load, it's going to be a bumpy ride...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Mark. In the words of Clint Eastwood, "I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you! Keep on Keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with it all Mark, don't forget to take some names and kick ass on the way out! ;)

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Mark. Will send the rules once I've got five mins to adapt and overcome the sodding financial services industry and those that "run" it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I anticipate you'll nuke the competition for that job from orbit, Mark! Good luck, or as the Klingon in Star Trek III says to Christopher Lloyd, "success, my lord."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take it easy Mark, we will be here when the dust settles :-)

    ReplyDelete