Monday 23 February 2009

SPUG Week


It's Spug Week at Dropship Horizon. Follow me all week as I paint 6 packs of 15mm Spugs from Spriggan Miniaures and build some 'Spug Hills'. I also have a great Spug tutorial and some fantastic pictures from Jeff Racel to share with you.


Here are the first batch of Spugs lined up half way through the painting process. As you can see I went for a 'Martian' desert fire Spug look, after a little trial and error I have to admit. Here they are after 2 coats of Citadel Ball Red Wash and a further vibrant wash of Miniature Paints' Red over selective areas.

The camera flash has washed out the colour on the Spug minis at the front of the photo. Those at the back are the most accurate match for the actual figures on my painting board.

Cheers
Mark

2 comments:

  1. Cool. I have been eyeballing the Spugs for a bit. How do the 15mm compare to the original 28mm ones?

    Also, will we be getting a Kitbash of the Week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eli

    The 15mm Spugs don't quite live up to their 28mm counterparts on an individual basis but are fine en masse. Jeff Racel has done a great job painting and photographing 15mm Spugs for this thread on TMP:

    http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=162924

    LOL! Yes, there will be a Kitbash of the Week!

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete